Monday, July 14, 2008

Cicada Songs and Cool Breezes

So, sitting on the front porch listening to the Cicadas and letting the breeze blow by is one of my favorite things to do. I love my porch.......I really love my porch! When we built this house this was one of my wishes on the wish list and I got it. It has entertained famous people (mostly my friends that are famous to me) and has provided sunshine and a much needed napping spot for my cat. It has seen tears of laughter and pain, heard songs of praise, prayers in desperation, pitter patter of little feet, raindrops blowing in, thunder clapping in the distance, and the constant creaking of my porch swing. It provides a haven for visitors to come sit under the ceiling fans and escape the heat. Many a conversation has been struck on this porch, many an idea of world peace, many recipe exchanges, many bible studies, lots of bible reading, but most of all it is a place of complete solitude with the man upstairs when the Cicadas are singing and the breeze is blowing.........................

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails