Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2 I Hope You Stance

Day 2 means day 1 is over, thank you!  Day 1 brought some tremendous back/shoulder pain w/o the sugar in my diet for a few weeks.  Lord, help me remember that pain when wanting to down a pie later!  A great massage, a wonderful night's sleep, and, oh yea, ibuprofen and I'm ready to roll for Day 2.  

Remember those days growing up when your mom said, "Sit up straight!  No slouching!"?  I've thought alot about that in the last few weeks.  My confidence level has been on a roller coaster lately and understanding my posture is one of these oddities that affects my confidence.  I know it sounds a bit weird.  Ever thought about how you stand?  In public?  At home? In front of your sweetheart?  On stage?  In line at the DMV?  For me, my normal stance in public is arms crossed or hands crossed in front of my torso, feet crossed if standing and legs crossed if sitting.  Jacket wrapped closed, shoulders hunched.  Almost as if I am trying to hide within myself.  I've been trying to be more aware of what kind of vibe I put out there.  I am definitely NOT approachable.  So, I hear my mom's words of "Stand up straight" and I drop my arms by my sides, stop wrapping myself in my clothing to try and "hide" anything, that frankly noone cares about but me.  When I go about physically trying to hide parts of me that I don't feel great about I realized that I was not being authentic in my anti-trash talk campaign.  I will stand up straight.  Wear my high heel shoes that make me feel good about me and strut my way into the DMV from now on!

What's your posture?  Stand up straight!  You might like it.


I found this ahhh-mazing blog with a great Whole30 Menu Plan.  And its usually on the cheap and I love that!  Go here to see the whole 30 days plan.

Breakfast:

Skillet Eggs - found on above link
Monkey Salad - again, above link
Coffee with coconut milk
water

Lunch:

Chipotle salad with Carnitas, guacamole and salsa
water

Dinner:

Sauteed Kale with lemon and season salt
Raw Cauliflower
water

Hot tea was definitely on the menu for today here and there.  It was chilly outside!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails