Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Boys' Are Back In Town....

As I am sure most of you are aware how your children are precious gifts given to us by our one and only Father God. I am aware of this and his protection, but my motherly instincts kick in every once and a blue moon (everyday) when I feel as though they need an extra protection from me as well. It's hard to do when they are away, so very far away, in Mexico..... Mission trip.... Why did I agree to let them go there? Why did I think that would be a good idea? Again, God is in control of it all! I was worried through the week of whether they got enough to drink, eat, if they were too hot, yadda, yadda, yadda. Again, God's protection not mine.... They both faired fine and are changed men because of their experiences this past week. As we get just bits and pieces for now since its just too early to tell all or remember all or find the courage to find the words to talk about things.... My one son, John, tells me it was wonderful. "So simple" he says. "I could go back" he says. His heart is so open to service and people and laughter and fun and finding maturity in that is a hard road right now as a teenager, but he is doing so very well at it. I could learn from him, as I do daily. Adam, my oldest, what a man... What a goof ball! But he's been so very quiet since he returned home. He's in a studious mood, almost humbled. Hopefully he didn't drive everyone crazy on the trip, especially the 20+ hours down and 20+ hours back in the van, altogether, close and personal, etc. Sometimes when I wonder what in the world is he thinking... he surprises me with his intuitive thoughts about the world and the way it looks from inside his beautiful skull. What awesome opportunities God has given me to hang out with two of the five most coolest, wonderful humans, my kids, on the planet. Thank you God!!!! I am truly a blessed mother, wife and friend! Thank You!


My boys, John (left) and Adam (right) with another beautiful person in my life I am privileged to know and love! Not in Mexico, but the most recent photo I have of them together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails