Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WHAT THE.....?



Don't you just love the phrases our little ones pick up on? The question has never been finished by anyone in my house, (that I have heard) but whenever my daughter used to say this I always feared the last word may make it in there and didn't know which it would be. I love her! I want to be her. She's nine, btw, and going on 30. She is sooo much dang fun. Never a dull moment. Never a quiet one either. She has soooo much stuff in her brain that spills out on a regular basis through her vocal chords. It's amazing the stuff she knows! It's intimidating trying to teach her, hoping I'm not dumbing her down! LOL! She will read her assignments and before I get the first question out she is giving me the answer and so much more! Go, Sarah girl! She doesn't like dresses, she rarely goes for a brush without being told, she loves being outside, she loves creepy, crawley, slimy, leggy, freaky things, her imagination runs wild to the xtreme, she LOVES her friends, she LOVES her jake the snake, she is the most awesome woman, girl, female, tomboy, human, person, living creature I know. Do you know how big the giant squids babies are? She does. Do you know how many baby snakes a corn snake can have? She does. Do you know what a gyre is? She does. How about a thermoharline (sp?)? She does. Can you spell oviparous? She can. Do you know how to find joy in all you do? She does. Do you know when your friends/family are in need of a hug? She does. Do you know how to cry with them? She does. Do you know how to pray on the spot for anything? She does. Do you know what your oldest brother's favorite ice cream is? She does. Do you know how to change the lives of 4 teenage boys, 2 grownups and the world around you? SHE DOES, without even trying. I love my Sarah, my little katydid! My life is so "freakin' awesome" (as she would say) because she blesses our family.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Even if I didn't know Sarah, I would LOVE her based soley on this blog post. And the best part is it's ALL true. Sarah you are a role-model for adults. I love you guys. xoxoxo

Elizabeth said...

We need a flour day soon, before it gets to cold. S and J look like babies in those pics!

Momof5 said...

Bless 'em Lord, bless 'em!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails