Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Shack Part B

I cannot adequately express to you how much this book has affected my life, but I will try. I am not an avid reader, but when a book comes along this good I can't put it down 'til I'm done. A beautiful story of one man's journey through the dark recesses of his heart. Some call it heresy and by definition I cannot refute that. Heresy is a religious word by it's own meaning and this book is anything but religious. In my search and quest for real relationships I find this book to be a top 10 how-to love your neighbor. Although some believe its content is too way out there, too weird a concept to consider, I find it a refreshing look into one man's view of his internal eternity. We all have that vivid picture of what it will look like, what God will say, what Christ will do, etc. It's fascinating to watch it come to life within the ink on the page. Until we're there and can see for ourselves there is no way to know what heaven or hell (for some) will look like. I thank Willie for giving his account of Mack's vision in such an awesome descriptive hike through a grieving father's cerebral wilderness. My advice to all readers is READ THIS BOOK! Whether you hate it or love it, talk about it. For no other reason than to raise awareness of differing views and how we can be more aware of the world around us outside our own "shacks" and LOVE like never before!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails