Saturday, June 20, 2009

Do you want fries with that?

I have come to the conclusion that I do not have a well defined skill set. I know most of you are quite shocked at this point. Recent matters have made me aware that I may have to go back into the workforce and thus I am trying to revamp my resume to get the best job possible with the abilities I posess. So far my skills open up the world of fast food preparation and prison laundry worker. Either way my financial stability is looking up for sure! NOT! But seriously, many women and some really smart men have drawn attention to the fact that a SAHM is extremely qualified for many corporate level positions but severely underpaid monetarily and without parchment on the walls to prove it, no promotion coming soon. Now, back to my skill set or lack there of. I once waited tables in high school, college and some during my kids early years. Worked in a very upscale boutique. I worked in a hardware store as a merchandising manager. Worked in an ambulance service/rural clinic in the finance office. Ok so what in the world can I do????? As I am polishing that document that will give me worth and credibility with the next pimple faced prepubescent night shift manager I wonder which way it should sway....You know like.....SAHM really means I can do most anything, not get paid, do it without being noticed by anyone and do it all at the same time. I know I have the job now! I just have to decide where to fill out the application first, yea, that might help!

With God's help and understanding I know that the right thing will come along and I won't have to get out the silver polish to help out my resume. I know that God is going to use my mess to make something so beautiful. I am faithful. I am sad, but faithful. I am looking up and praising Him and keeping my focus on Him. Thank you God for the blessings you have given me eventhough I don't always deserve those. Thank you God for not giving me what I actually deserve! Thank you God for mercy! Thank you God for loving little ole me.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh, my SAHM Sister, I know where you are coming from.

You have always landed on your feet before, I have faith you will do so again. And don't underestimate yourself, you have many great attributes that any employer would be lucky to have in a worker. Just know I am praying for you!

Love you!

mormonhermitmom said...

I hear you loud and clear. I have one of those BS degrees and that's about what it's good for. I know I'll have to reenter the workforce in the not so distant future, but I have no clue who would want to pay me for what I can do.

My prayers for the right job for you to help your family.

Anonymous said...

You are, like so many of us SAHMs, selling yourself short. You are an accountant, problemsolver, professional organizer, transportation expert, computer guru. I could go on and on. You are one of the most intellegent people I know. Whatever you decide to do, you will be able to do it perfectly. And if anyone says any different, tell me and I'll beat them up. Love ya sis!!

soph1218 said...

Shush! You are so incredibly talented so don't sell yourself short. I think I see you definitely having party/event planning and interior decorator skills. Luau is proof. You have great people skills. You have some computer skills. You are a great writer as proven by this blog. You make beautiful jewelry. I think what you have to do is find businesses in the area that need an honest people person who is punctual, with organizational skills, creativity, and the list could go on and on. I'm sure others can help find all the right words to build you up on that paper called a resume.

Karen said...

I sometimes think about where I'd try to work when the time comes for me to return. I used to think I'd return to my former employer, remind them of what a great employee I was, and just start back at the same old, same old.

Now, I think I'd really prefer offering french fries, or checking someone out at the grocery store and letting other, more highly paid people, deal with all the stress that comes with better paying jobs. Of course, my old "career" was never high paying, so maybe I figure I've got little to lose?

You are an interesting, amusing, and positive person, which is an asset wherever you end up working. I know God will direct you to the perfect-for-you job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails