Monday, June 29, 2009

I lift mine eyes to the hills, from whence my help comes.

The thing about community is that you're not in it alone. It's hard to play tennis by yourself ya know. So I'm in the final spin of my hectic week and as I am realizing how rung out I am, I am also taking stock of how I've come through these last couple weeks and how it has softened my heart. My hubby and I were doing a devotional the other day in I John and one of the discussion questions casually asked what personality traits we thought we got from our father. As I started to think about it and apply it to how I just walked through the fire what I thought I was, was not the case. I feel as though one of my traits is strength beyond strength. Tough, nail biting, "I am woman, hear me roar!" Ha! Double ha! But I've had to be strong, very strong, so where did it come from? For the first time in our lives my husband and I had to be completely submissive to God's plan. We have been prayerful and watchful in the past, but now we know we hit our knees to the floor before our feet. So as I look back to wonder how God pulled this off with two of the most unlikely people......it's amazing to see things unfold. My strength was fed through those people that God decided I needed in my life years ago. He brought them altogether to lift me up and gird my legs and not let me get down and doubt what God was doing in my life. I am humbled to those who gave up their sleep (Neesey and Mel), to hugs and come-to-Jesus talks (Lizbeff) and phone calls and hugs and offering food (Beth), offerings of places to lay our heads (JC and Ro), and a stinkin' awesome yard sale (JC, Neesey and Mel)! You will NEVER know how much you strengthened me and my relationship with my God by watching you take care of me in and out. It helped to make the circumstances easy therefore watching God work without the distractions of life getting in the way. David and I are better people because of all of you and will never forget your generosity in time and love. I hope your life feels as blessed as you have made mine. I'm a lucky girl! I pray for blessing to be heaped on you and your families beyond belief. Heaven is gonna be a fun place to be with all my sisters! I love you all! God Bless!

3 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

So true. Angels are all around us and they are the people we know and love aren't they?

Anonymous said...

You are one of the most inspiring people I know. I love you. You are the best.

Elizabeth said...

xoxoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails