Friday, September 25, 2009

Leaves are changing in VA


I am enjoying some solitude amongst the chaos here in VA. You see, I am "watching" or "babysitting" my niece and nephew in VA, both in high school, while my sis is away hauling her oldest to college. I brought my two homeschoolers and my niece to hang out with their cousins, so really I'm just here to call 911 or make an emergency grocery run. Other than that there is no need for my presence to be known. So I find my solace on the porch watching the misty rain fall and contemplating the big questions in life.....


Why did Joyce and the girls go without me to WOF? Will they miss me soooo much that they'll have to email me and let me know just that? (hint, hint Alicia)


Why do scrambled eggs and cheese smell like wet dog?


Why do Jon and Kate hate each other enough to screw up their kids for the rest of their lives, thus screwing up a whole generation of children who have been watching them......Why do I care? Why? (JFTR, I don't watch tv.)


Why does pumpking spice creamer come out seasonally? There is no real pumpkin in there, ya know.


Why are babies scared of clowns and not scared of their parents who look like andriods missing half of their epidermis when holding a camera to their face for the first 10 years of their kids lives?


Why can't I feel "phat" instead of "fat"?


Why can't cats and dogs use a scrubby instead of their tounges?


How much coffee can I consume without becoming too obnoxious?......TOO LATE!


Well, I must go and continue my devotional time with Third Day "You Are Beautiful My Sweet, Sweet Song" blaring in my ears. Life is good. Darn good. Thank you God!

3 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Gorgeous colors! When you find the answers to those questions, let us know. I'm stumped.

Viv said...

I am so very homesick now! This is my favorite time of year, but, it falls flat in Fl where I am now, because here the leaves never change.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being there for me and my kids!! You are the bomb!!! I love you lots!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails