Monday, February 8, 2010

A Split Second Life


Opinions of me based on a glimpse into my life.  What does it say?  I mean, unless you are very close to me and get to know me personally, do you have a certain....impression about me?  

Definition of impression:
1. An effect, feeling, or image retained as a consequence of experience.
2. A vague notion, remembrance, or belief: 


What is that based on?  


I question this today.  Am I giving the right impression of my life to those who are just in and out of it for a moment?  Granted, I hope that I can impact my friends and family in a way that glorifies God, if that is his will for me to impact them at all.  But what about the others?


Do I give the right impression that I love God with all my heart?  Am I thankful?  Am I humble?  Am I compassionate?  Am I kind?  Do I love? Am I patient?  Am I a Godly woman?


If I only have a brief moment to make a lasting impression on someone I need to be aware of what I'm projecting.  If you've visited here much, you will see the roller coaster of feelings, opinions, and otherwise futile things that float around on my porch.  It is in need of some spring cleaning and fresh flowers.  


Make no mistake that I am a woman of convictions and beliefs from my Almighty Father that guides me daily.  I want my life to be credible and true and real.  


So, my prayer today is for internal spring cleaning.  Removing the cobwebs that may be blocking the view.  


Dear Heavenly Father, be with all of those today struggling with their fit in this world.  Be with those who think that they don't measure up.  Be with me as I strive to be more real with you and with my life.  Grant peace and joy to all of those who are in the pits.  Bring your glory to those with whom I come in contact with everyday, if only for the first time, the last time or one time.  I pray that your will is evident in me.  Glory be to God!  Amen. 

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

This is something we should all strive for....giving the best impression at first glance. Or at first sentence. How do we make the impression without saying immediately to everyone..."I'm a christian and my family and I follow Jesus and try to stay on the path he lays for us...and you are??" How do we live our lives so the person behind us in the grocery line, the person waiting to turn in front you in traffic can see who we are....How do we make sure every moment of the day is lived for Him?? To wake up every morning and ask Him to help us live our lives in His way. I love you sister!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails