Friday, April 16, 2010

Permission Granted

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gents!  Yes, this is big news, probably the biggest news since, well, yesterday.  I have been so depressed in my mommy life about all of the housework I never get done around here.  As I passed by another pile of clean? dirty? unknown state of clothing laid across the back of the chair, I looked for the one who must be half dressed and said, "you know, you could pick that up."  Then it hit me, like a hundred pounds of laundry on a sunny day, I have gone all of this time thinking everyone KNEW about certain things.  How silly of me!  

So, last night as we prepared to eat dinner.  I rapped my fork on the side of my plastic cup and cleared my throat, "AHEM!  Attention everyone! I have realized how unfair I have been to all of you lately.  So, I am now giving you permission to do something about the things around the house that you may observe to be out-of-place.  I know, I know, you've been waiting so long for me to relinquish some of this power I have as your super mommy and let you bask in the light of the glory of picking up your own crap."

The boys just grinned and Sarah snickered and her friend Mr. Eagle almost fell off his stool laughing so hard!  They were ecstatic at the chance to finally help make this house function.  It made me tear up just a little.  My little darlings.

"You may put your dishes in the dishwasher from now on and unload the clean dishes," I exclaimed.  "You may do the laundry and clean your rooms WITHOUT being told!"  I continued and I could feel the energy rising in the room.  Finally the Utopia I had always dreamed of was within my grasp!  I felt good.  I felt empowered.  I felt like maybe something was up.  So, I contemplated my next move as I did the dishes and cleaned up from dinner and filed the two sets of taxes, last minute and got the kids situated in their respective sleeping quarters and ((YAWN!)) laid down my head to give it some real thought.

Do you think they are excited?  You betcha!  Without a doubt!  I'm sure they'll get right on that......tomorrow.

1 comment:

mormonhermitmom said...

I love empowerment! I gotta try that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails