Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I can smell orange.....


Can you? It's coming and it's in the air. The most beautiful time of the year for me is autumn. The time of year when the Aspen trees quake with a whole new sound of a clapping audience instead of the ever subtle quake in the summer. The time when the sun denies the leaves and they turn colors that seem more radiant than the year before. Colors man has not been able to quite imitate at the chip selector at your favorite paint place! Butternut soup, broiled acorn squash, roasted pumpkin seeds, the smell of sunshine on the clothesline, the crisp breeze through the drapes. I can smell the orange color in the air. The color scarecrows long for. The color of my soul inside. The quiet, lingering, rich, burnt orange. I hope I don't forget the orange when the light blue aroma of summer returns. Indian corn, hay bales, stattice flowers and the streams of sunlight in the window....autumn.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am in love with fall - thanks for putting your words around it - I feel the same way xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails