Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm so two faced!!!

I am such a two-faced person when it comes to those "how are you" questions. Only my closest friends and family even really want to hear that answer if we're really honest about ourselves. There are others that you have to know well enough that you have to give them your upbeat positive answer because they within themselves cannot handle the negative, not even a hint of negativity. It's like it throws off their emotional equilibrium and they can't function. So, I have those I speak candidly to and those I speak superficially to based on their reactions so that I don't stress them out and tip them over. Now that you're all lost in a literary lego pile......

Tomorrow is the biopsy. A lump on my neck that is a cyst within my thyroid. It's like someone has their thumb in the base of my throat and each day is different. Somedays its pushing a little harder than others. My thyroid is perfectly normal in operation no overactivity no underactivity, just foreign objects floating around in it. This is soooo common. Nodules, or cysts are found in lots of people and lots of people have them in their thyroid. 90% of the time they are benign. But I have enjoyed living my life thus far as an outsider looking in on "those" "they" "them" that have these common (?) anomelies, which is how it was ironically described. Anyway, I am not worried about the outcome, either way it goes I'm good. I give glory to God for my life and my blessings. This is a blessing, I know that. I may not know how just yet, or ever, because it might not be for me to know, but I know that I am blessed. I don't like the idea of cancer being active in my body. Apparently, we all have those dormant cells that can become cancerous in our bodies, but I'd rather not have mine come out of hibernation.

I am asking for those readers who dare to do so, to pray. Pray that the outcome is benign and this is a one time thing. Pray that our finances will be blessed so that we can pay the wonderful people who are using their God given gifts at this time in my life. Pray that my kids will remain in God's presence no matter what happens. Pray for my life to continue to be blessed and for my ability to handle the blessings no matter what the package looks like. Pray that God will get the glory throughout this whole process.

Sing along if you know this one:
"My life is in you Lord, my strength is in you Lord, my hope is in you Lord, in you, it's in you,
I'll praise you with all of my heart, I'll praise you with all of my mind,
with all of my mind, with all of my strength, all my hope is in you"

And for today:
Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm singing for you nonstop fromnow until tomorrow when I talk with you after the biopsy. Let's celebrate after praise team....starbucks? I'll pray without ceasing.

Elizabeth said...

Never mind on the starbuck - we'll need hard liquor after this tyroid yickyness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails