Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Under Construction

"Where have you been?"  I know, I hear ya.  I have not been slacking in the blog department, really.  I have written many blog posts.  So many that I don't know how or what to post.  Why?  Because I have been having some "work" done.  Ha!  I wish it was that kind, not really.  Little nip here little tuck there.  More like heart surgery, the spiritual kind.


I have been exercising the oldest rule known to man, implemented by your mother..."If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."  (Although, it is my narcissistic blog, right?)  But, I could only write really whiny things that I would've been looking for validation.  (Again, narcissism abounds.)


I must say that I have had a lot of time to think about the crap that exudes past the strongest muscle in my body, my tongue, and thought that maybe I should tame it a little in order to gain some credibility.  However, I am not apologizing for my views, or opinions, or random things that may have rubbed someone the wrong way because these words are me.  All of the good, the bad and the really boring.


I have found strength in the quiet.  A calm period to let the cement cure.  God has come into my life during this time to reaffirm my life as a mom and a wife and a friend and a daughter of the Almighty Father.  I know what I do is, by many opinions, downright unpopular.  Being a SAHM.  A homeschooling mom.  A mother who puts high biblical and moral standards on her children.  However, I thank God today for my ability to be close to my children, in proximity and spirit.  I thank Him for the provision He has allowed me to take on three jobs to help me to stay where I am.  It's not the ideal for most, but it's the decision that my hubby and I have decided is the best for our children and our family.  I cannot praise God enough in this area of my life.  Most of the time I feel beaten down all around me, then God reveals himself in my patient endurance and I'm amazed at His love and contagious joy.  Thank you God!  Hallelujah!  You are Jehovah Jirah!  I am your faithful servant.  Here I am, take me.


My husband told me that I was an awesome mom.  Let me tell you, that enabled the "I could kick Arnold Schwarzeneger's butt" instinct!  I was empowered by him.  God is at work in this family and I am humbled at the chance to watch it happen.  Thank you God for all you have done for us!


Then the affirmation for the One himself who empowers us to be parents of good character:


 "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." -Deuteronomy 6:5-9

1 comment:

mormonhermitmom said...

Three jobs? Criminy! If I could siphon off my 4 year old's energy and send it to you, it would be there tomorrow via FEDEX! More power to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails