Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Whistle while you work

My 10 yo daughter has learned to whistle.  She practices all the time.  Stopping long enough to say, "I love to whistle!"  Then right back at it.  It's such a Christopher robin moment for me.  I love to encourage her interests and watch her grow through her adventurous experiments, whether whistling or exploring nature.  So beautiful.
Like watching first steps.  Listening to first giggles.  Wiping the first tears from heart break.  Bandaging the first (of many) scrapes.  Enjoying the first of many lectures on all she's learned. So, I pray that her whistling never ceases.

My 16 yo son was waiting for me at the door last night.  "You have to come here.  You have to see something." I was excited thinking maybe he had folded the laundry and put it away and was wanting to show me how clean his room was....NOT.  But, it was so much better.  He led me to the computer and pulled this up:


I love my Elij.  He's at such a sweet spot in his life right now where everything is as it should be.  Laughter spews out of each sparkle in his eyes.  He bats those big beautiful eyes with those ten inch eyelashes and I was basking in the glory of my kids and their beautiful lives.  What an awesome God we serve.

I'm loving the whistling and the laughter in my house again.  The simplicity of it all humbles me to my very core.  I was created to be the mother of 5 amazing humans.

God bless your day.  God bless your whistling.  God bless your laughing.  God bless your tears.  God bless.

3 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

That was a great video. Just what I needed today.

Anonymous said...

Laughter is great to hear!! Can warm a mommas heart in a nanosecond!! I love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Be present in the present and enjoy each moment you have them home--yes, even the not so lovely moments, because they will too soon be over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails