Sunday, December 19, 2010

Vegan Victories

1.  My pants are falling off.  That is a victory, but not necessarily a good thing when you're at a Christmas Concert!  Lady had to come tell me, "um, honey, your zipper, dear......"  Crap!  Thank goodness it was a side zipper and a clasp on top to hold me together.

2.  I can wear my wedding rings again.  This is huge.  The last time I could wear my wedding rings I think the first Bush was in office.  Ok, maybe not that long ago.  After Hilary got her husband elected and before Lewinski.  IDK.  Anyway, this is so amazing that I can actually put them on and they don't strangle my fingers.  I'm very excited!

3.  I am loving cooking vegan!  With the exception of my new favorite obsession with Marzetti's Putanesca Sauce, which isn't totally vegan (there's anchovies) I am sticking to it!  And you wouldn't believe how amazing the food tastes!  Why didn't I do this sooner?

4.  It has been a transformation for my husband.  He is a wonderful guy and he really wants to see me succeed in this because he knows it's important to me.  He's come a long way with all of this and is really quite amazing with it all.  Poor guy has lost some weight!  Believe me, he can't afford to lose it!  He's been wearing 29"waist jeans since he grew into them in Jr. High!  The good side is that my advice has been for him to eat MORE!

5.  I have some amazing friends who are supporting me and eating my crazy food and loving me through it.  I don't think I will ever turn back.

6.  I feel really good.  I feel really, really good.

7.  I ran over 4 miles last week.  Holy Moly!

8.  God is good.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go, Shan! It is the small victories along the journey that make it all worth while. I have faith that you will reach your goals and more. Go Girl!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Keep it up girl...So proud of you and your hubby for supporting you through it! You need to post some pictures of yourself!!!

mormonhermitmom said...

That is awesome! I'm glad to hear when someone can make a good lifestyle change and make it stick.

Jen said...

That's my girl ;) Kickin butt and takin names, as usual...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails