Sunday, June 12, 2011

B-, C+ and She Daydreams in Class

Most of my school years were described with the above, with some "talks too much in class" thrown in and a little bit of "she is a great student".  Everything I needed to know I learned in ........ just rang through my head and frankly still does.  I am such a daydreamer no matter where or what I am doing, my mind is wandering here and there.  Things to do.  Oh, why?  Seriously, why?  I can't take it with me when I leave this earth, so why?  Thank goodness that pile of laundry will not follow me to the heavens!  Although for my sis-in-law, she's love it.  She loves laundry.  Ick.

I have been on an average path my whole life.  Eh, whatever.  C'est la vie.  Whatever shall be, shall be.  It's killing my exercise routine among other things. I find my time sucked out of my day by things that I can't even recall their existence when I lay my head on the pillow rather than those things I really need to be doing, focusing on and making a priority. I love to sometimes be anywhere but where I am.  Like I am more secure in the depths of my fantastic imagination than anywhere in my reality.  It happens with my devotionals on a daily basis.  I'm in God's word and daydreaming about what awaits me later that day.  Or I justify multi-tasking my quiet time by doubling it up with reading my emails.  You know, the subscribed daily devotionals...... yea, not the same.

I do not believe that the daydreaming process is a bad behavior inherently, but getting out of hand like mine does, it does become somewhat of a life sucking manifestation of my spiritual journey.  When I find myself not staying on track with my daily quiet time and bible study I become distracted more easily and find that my daydreams become these thoughts of wild, weird, awful events and travels that just overwhelm my thoughts.  Last few weeks I've been convinced that I have some sort of life threatening disease because of a strange pain I've never felt before.  I have come to understand that the pain is derivative of the 15+ pound hunk of baby fat I tote around 10 to 11 hours out of the day.  But because I have resorted to finding other ways to take up my time, i.e. Netflix, Facebook, randomness and have not stayed the course with my walk with God, I let in all kinds of negative influences on my life.  I don't really know if I am disease ridden, but highly doubtful.  What I do know is that I am going to need more of my Heavenly Father's influence in my life to cope with something like that.  To bring me hope, joy.  "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind" in Romans 12 is so true.  Both ways, good and bad.  You will transform your mind if you fill it with drivel, you will get slime and sludge and nothing of substance.  If you fill it with the all powerful wisdom from the God above you will find hope and peace and joy in this crazy life here on earth.

I'm up for the joy.  How about you?

Christ brings us new life through the transforming power of his love.  Take a moment this week.  I am going to try.  And try without daydreaming about silliness, but daydreaming about those heavenly things, that's where I'll start.

And then, there was this on my blog page to the right of my new post and I thought it was worth sharing here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails