Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Born



Snowboarding, rafting, hiking, MissTina, school, sunshine, Uncle Jeff, Colorado, work (ugh!), Wes, Wii these are a few of his favorite things!

When did it happen? Tell me please. As I have had my head bowed in prayer for this child of mine, he grew up. I'm not talking like "Oh he's so tall!" I'm talking rock solid man. Man of God man. Holy and beautiful and drop dead gorgeous! Why didn't I stare more when he was transitioning from boy to young man to man? I guess that would just look odd. But I'm not scared of odd.

The first born.....the one who has been there from the beginning. We always treated him like he was so much older because he just acted that way most of the time. There were a few exceptions when he was two and would follow me around the house throwing himself on the floor with a temper tantrum and I would just ignore him and move to another room only to be followed, etc. etc. But that was a long time ago.

Adam was our beta tester child. You know, the one that you have to do all of the "firsts" with. Like, in no particular order, the first one to ride a bike, first one to play rec sports, first one to have "the talk" with, first one to get his driver's license, first one to graduate, first one to do the college class thing, first one to date, first one to experiment how long we wait to run to the doctor after he has eaten paint........not really.

He has dreams and goals that makes his dad and I envious of his life right now. Go to Colorado for a while and just hang out, work, snowboard and..........enjoy! He is so stinking smart, so wise, so thoughtful, so observant, so hilarious, so Adam.

He actually hosted a dinner at the house the other night for some friends of ours while dad and I were working. He cooked, organized the cleaning party with his siblings and chatted it up with friends. It was awesome!

He's so ready for the great beyond of that thing we call the "real world". He's an amazing man, works full-time and takes 16 hours at the local community college! What can I say? I am blessed to have the pleasure of hanging out with one of God's greatest creations!


Thank You:

For all that you've done I will thank you,

For all that you're going to do,
For all that you've promised,
And all that you are,
Is all that has carried me through,
Jesus I thank you.

And I thank you,

Thank you,
Lord!

Thank you for loving and setting me free,
thank you for giving your life just for me
Now I thank you
Jesus I thank you
Gratefully thank you
THANK YOU!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails