Saturday, January 17, 2009

Johnny Popper

There once was a boy named John......
This is John, Johnny Popper, or Juan Ton Pablo O'Malley:


He can make you laugh harder than you ever have before. He is so stinkin' funny! God has blessed his heart.

He has been sick. So sad. He has pneumonia and is layin' around. So unlike him. I hate it when my kids are sick. I hate to see them so helpless. Today he is feeling much better. Day before yesterday was not a good day.

I know you're seeing a pattern when it comes to the blog, but I love my kids and I love my God and I want to share why.

If you know John then you know God. I wish that were true for me. No matter what time of day, hour of the day or what he's doing, he'd drop it all for you if you asked him. He is truly in love with the creator and has a beautiful friendship with Jesus. He tends to know him on a deeper level than myself and I've been around over twice as long. He's a quick study, I guess. John is a wonderful teacher and doesn't hesitate to teach us everyday in his walk. Sometimes we think we get a lesson or two in on him and it just turns out it was all for our learning benefit. Hmmm....God has a great sense of humor.

John has had a tough holiday season. He wrecked his brother's truck on Christmas Eve and was thankfully ok, except he had just spent hours cleaning it for his brother for Christmas and now that was sort of beside the point. It was rendered undrivable. Then this terrible cold that has found a home in his lungs and hung out it's pneumonia shingle. He perseveres knowing God is in control. He doesn't complain much at all. He's got the best seat in the house of the "big picture".

Thank you God for John. He is a most beautiful person. I am blessed that he is in my life. You are an awesome God!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails