Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 1969


So, I have officially as of the wee hours of this morning reached that milestone of 40 glorious years on this planet. As I am waning nostalgic over my life the past 4 decades I realize it makes me rather dizzy thinking of all of that stuff. Maybe that's just vertigo, I hear that happens when you get older sometimes. Hold on, let me grab my reading glasses........Uh, hum....I have decided that God is fond of me. Yea, it's taken me awhile to get to this point. I think he kinda likes me a little. I have been through some tough stuff in my life, not like so many others lives in the blogdom, but tough for my little ole preacher's daughter's life. I have still got those secret sins in my closet that I haven't come clean with, maybe those will be blogged about later when I've washed my hands of them, but my life overall is pretty dang good. (Sorry, Lizbeff, gateway word!) My mom walked me through the rapid version of my birthday. "We went to bed on the night of the 27th. My water broke very shortly afterward. Got to the hospital and you were born in the wee hours of the 28th!" Yee ha!

My body has been torn apart and repaired 5 times by the heavenly travelers I call my kids and I am extremely blessed by each and every one of their lives. My heart has been broken many a times, but thankfully God sent me David to heal it for good, never to be broken again. I am privileged to know and to love some of the most wonderful people God created in my family and friends. They are all so special to me. See...God loves me. I have a wonderful life! I have been privileged to have spent 40 years so far here with these blessings. Hopefully many more to come!

So, I guess on this, the day of my birth I am thankful for my life and all that it encompasses. Thank you God for this, my life. Thank you God for all you have done and brought me through. Thank you God!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday you hot mama!!

Thank you God for blessing this planet with Your child, Shannon!

Alicia

mormonhermitmom said...

Happy Birthday!

I think God is more than just a little fond of you by the way;)

mormonhermitmom said...

Oh and other by the way, I lost your email, but your surprise is at last ready and I need to mail it to you. rbw1847 at gmail dot com and lay on the mailing address babe!

How's that for a belated birthday greeting;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails