Thursday, April 2, 2009

Those little buggers!

The rain has poured on a saturated ground here and it just keeps coming. Just when you think it has stopped, oh no, no, no, no, no, here it comes again. I've decided that moving to Seattle may give me a little break from the rain here! The rain, as I have been in and out of it is a blessing, but a curse to those of us with natural curly hair. Why style? Mother nature styles it for me. Now that my busy two weeks has subsided a bit I find myself barricaded inside the boundaries of my house and property engulfing it. To some, this may seem like a break from a hectic schedule, but to me it is a reminder that it has been two weeks since I really concentrated on my home and its contents.

My kids are starting to dig into the box of clothes to be donated to wear those jeans that now look like capris because the laundry is overtaking the upstairs hallway. Did they forget that they know how to do the laundry? I am getting sick and tired of giving my washing machine the fabric softener enema when the rinse cycle comes on since it does not operate in the automatic capacity it is supposed to and dispense it naturally. Sad, when you have to set the timer on your stove to remember to get the softener in the machine. I love this new technology in my front loader! Ha!

I swept this morning. I have no carpet in my house, I don't believe in it. My kids are healthier, I believe, because we don't have the wall-to-wall allergy inducer in the house. Plus, if you have ever removed carpet to replace it and see what is left behind even after you vacuum, ick! Or how about what the contractors neglected to clean up before laying the carpet. Love my hardwoods! This makes it so much easier for me to observe and trap those pesky little buggers I like to refer to as "dust bunny warriors". I use to just see them and scoop 'em up and off they went, but because it has been a while since I saw my broom as a house chore tool and not transportation, the little ones have grown, multiplied, taken over, formed their own POA and decided to revolt! Colonel Nobody, the head of the dust bunny army is reaking havoc on my house. Throwing clean clothes on the floor, leaving dirty dishes where they shouldn't be, refusing to mow the lawn, not flushing toilets, leaving the shower curtain half in and half out. I know this because when I ask my troops they always respond that "Nobody did it". Now I know! I'm no match for their wits and strength....what....shall...I....do?
I.....
.........can't...................
......go...........
.............on.


"Bunnies have taken me hostage(stop) Colonel Nobody has sent out the order for termination of human control of the house(stop) Must find vacuum cleaner(stop) Need mop 'n' glo(stop) Army is too big to contain (stop) Please send reinforcements(stop)!

I have added a "how to" craft video for those of you who want a green way to recycle those bunnies! And just in time for Easter, too!
Don't you judge me!



2 comments:

Alicia said...

I am laughing so hard my sides hurt!!! You are hilarious!

From the vast amount of knowledge I obtained from my childhood, I speak from experience when I say, yes, we kids do forget we know how to run the washing machine. Isn't that mom's job? (oops! ;)

And yes, I certainly remember Colonel Nobody, although he must have received a promotion and a new assignment at your house, because when we knew him, he was only Captain Nobody.

Good luck in your battle!

Alicia

mormonhermitmom said...

Ay-MEN! LOL.

My washer doesn't like to rinse automatically now. I have to open and shut the lid to get it going again.

Fabric softener would be great except my ecsema doesn't like it much. ;)

I wish I could get rid of this carpet and do hardwood, but I rent, darn it. Someday....

Keep up the fight, sister! Those dust bunnies are sneaky but I know you'll prevail!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails