Monday, March 23, 2009

Oops, they fell out!

"What's your name?" "What's your name?" "Push me please!" "John Sally, excuse me, John Sally!" One inquiry after another. Little Mr. 4 YO was so adorable this weekend. A friend of my sister's in VA. He's a mess. He's been such a well of conversational inspiration in our family for years now, because he learned to talk very eloquently at a very young age. He is always saying "actually" and "excuse me". He and I and Sarah spent some time on the patio whilst the youth group watched a video and had their discussion group. I tell you what. He's a stinker! I almost wanted him to go home with me, but then I remembered why I stopped having children 9 years ago. I need a full nights sleep.

Anyway, upon playing pea in the pod on the hammock and giving him push every now and then, he would stick out his feet and I would reply "PU! Stinky Pete Feet!" And then laughter would ensue. I informed him that his giggle box had turned over. He became very inquisitive about this phenomena. "My giggle box?" he asked. "What is a giggle box?" "Don't you know?", I replied in shock that his mother had not taught him these important anatomical features of a toddler, "it's that thing in your tummy that turns over when there's somethin' funny and the giggles fall out and spill out your mouth causing an enormous amount of giggling." To which he replied with a giggle, of course. He's four.

My giggle box doesn't turn over near enough anymore. The lid is stuck or the giggles are old and rotted. Who knows! I am bound and determined to find a way to fill it everyday and make sure it spills over and out my mouth!

God Bless each giggle you giggle and each of your "Stinky Pete Feet"!

1 comment:

mormonhermitmom said...

Boy don't we all need to unstick out giggle boxes sometimes? Sounds like a cute kid!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails