Sunday, January 3, 2010

To Make a Difference

How to live? How to love? How NOT to scar your children for life? All great questions for someone wanting to better themselves in some way for the new year, right? Life has a way of getting in the way. No, I don't mean plans and schemes and such, but just living. Getting up, involuntary thoughts on breakfast, laundry, dishes, floors, kids, hubby, etc. Getting things done one by one without thought as to when to set up my daily chat with my heavenly Father..... The one that should be done every day BEFORE I move, walk, clean, mother, wife and etc. I have always found it difficult to take care of myself, for fear of being too selfish, too self-centered. But in not paying attention to my daily walk with Christ I have become selfish and too self-centered. Ironic, huh? I have in some ways been afraid of what He will ask of me to do. Will it be difficult? Will my heart break? What about.....What opportunities are awaiting me now? Wow, how you have provided for me in my weakness, I can't imagine what it will be like this time....Let's go! I have been practicing the old "Hold your tongue" routine, which makes my fingers slimy, but makes my heart ready for His plan for me. I want to glorify what He has for me. I want His plan to be the path I choose. I want the light to shine from me outwardly so that everyone knows that God rocks my world! So I aim to show the world more of His love through my life. How I have been blessed! I could never do it justice in words....know that I believe in a love everlasting and a life eternal! God bless your new year.

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

yup. That's exactly what happens. Life gets in the way because it's in our faces instead of whispering in our ears.

Anonymous said...

I need to join you in this...starting my day in the right way. First with my Father...then the elipitcal then my coffee, or tea and then wake up my kids!!! Then after they are off to school clean my house...then call my wonderful sister! I love you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails