Friday, October 3, 2008

Excellence


I love my two bestest girlfriends, they are the best! We have been in discussion over the past week and a half about excellence. A hard to define state of living. What I have come to understand in my life is that excellence is a very abstract word. It's like trying to describe love, or hate, or what blue tastes like! Everyone has their own opinion of what they think excellence is or is not. Some fear that wanting excellence is wanting perfection, I beg to differ. Excellence is defined as that by which any one excels or is eminent: a virtue. That definition is still a vague representation of the word. In God's word we are called to bring our all in our worship, reverence, homes, work, parenting, etc. Although wonderful concept I find myself questioning my ability to do so. I so desperately want to bring my excellence, my best, not perfection by any means, but my all in all that I do.
I have had a lesson in humility this week as I have thought about what I do bring to the table. I have no room to talk about wanting others to strive for excellence if I am not willing to do it to the fullest myself! I want to be there, though. I have a dear friend who recently wrote a bible study for our retreat where Shalom is defined as the kind of peace that results from being a whole person in right relationship to God and to one's fellow man. Whew! No wonder I am not at peace right now. But that is what I long for..... Shalom. I desire to experience that. I know that comes with excellence in attitude, wanting to only give your best to all, especially the Good Lord above!
Lord, I give thanks to you today for the friends you have so graciously and gently placed in my life. As I strive for excellence and peace within your will I ask that you continue to watch over me and my family. I thank you for the blessings upon blessings to bestow to us every day we're waken by the sunshine. Lord, bless those that are reading this and place your hand upon them today and everyday. Help them to know that I love them. In Jesus Christ, AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow - well written and how true. I really like "how the color blue tastes" - it was an ahhhaa moment for me. Thanks xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails