Monday, October 13, 2008

My Funny Valentine



Wow, reading back over some of my posts is quite depressing! So here goes..... an upbeat post! I know it's a shocker!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending one of the premier arts events in the Birkdale area. I know, some of you now feel so left out! My brother, AJ, had some of his awesome photography up for auction to raise money for a business in the area that deals in fair trade items from all over the world. Anyway, it was quite successful and there were other vendors and entertainers there as well for the cause. Check out his photos here


As the jazz band started playing "My Funny Valentine" my mother said "I have to go get your father, we need to dance!" Sooooo funny! She's still so in love with him and visa versa. Get a room! They danced for a few minutes and mom's knees couldn't take it through the whole song, so I got to stand in for her and dance with my dad. How awesome is that?! After a struggle with who's exactly leading this one and few twirls we were done. I had forgotten how much I missed dancing with my dad. I remember when I was little standing on his feet and wrapping my arm around him and dancing around the room with an occasional twirl and a dip that would end up in laughing hysterically! I love Memory Lane, it's my favorite street!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails