Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ah, Spring

Things I love about it:
Flowers, like my almost black but really purple Iris
Garden is growing, we're already eating radishes and lettuce, yummy!
The weather here is Gawgeous!
People are relatively happy.
My Confederate Jasmine is going to bloom!!!!!!!
I had a bday and got things, like my quilt square sampler from my awesome blog amiga in OR!!

Things I don't like:
Pollen....excuse me....AAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHOOOOOOOO!
Bugs in my garden, the bad ones, not the good ones.
Prom....oh, how I loathe this one.....I'm not going.....but I have one who is........ARGH!

You see, I love the fact that the sky is becoming crowded with foliage from our surrounding trees and plants. We are camouflaged behind such beautiful greenery as we sway on the porch swing. LOVE IT! The trees are swayin' in the breeze and it's wonderful!

But now, this weekend, the dreaded dance....yea, right, like anyone actually goes to dance. It's a fashion show people! I tell you what, these kids spend more on their prom than I did on my wedding. And their parents are justifying it somehow?!?! Mine has decided a suit is better than a tux, because you end up taking off the jacket and tie anyway once you're there. His date bought her dress at an extremely affordable price, I love her, btw. Mom and daughter are doing the flowers themselves, b-you-t-ful! I tried to talk him into driving her there on a tandem bike, because that is just their style, fun but quirky. He declined. Some sort of over-priced, oversized, gas guzzlin', not very green limo is what they're hopin' to hitch a ride in. They eat and get there around 9:30 and its a big deal. The WHOLE town comes out to spot their young celebs in their couffes and clean duds to snap pictures like the paparazzi. It's quite surreal. I remember the proms I attended, the boys' worried about spraying their mullets.....let's just stop there. I hope they have a grand time, I think.

Happy Spring everyone!

Thank you God for this glorious day! Thank you for my wonderful children and the blessings they bring. But now, thank you God for you, just you. My trust is in you, not the blessings, but you. Help me to remember that. Thank you God!

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

I was too scared to go to prom when I was young. I don't think I missed much;). I love spring colors. Cherry tree blossoms, tulips and a hedge I don't know the name of are all popping! God made us a beautiful world.

Michelle said...

Once again, I LOVE your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails