Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm with child! No....not that way silly! Literary baby!

I'm going to write a parenting book of some sort. Haven't decided if its going to be a "how-to" a "faq" or just here's what worked for me and add in my stories. Hmmmmm.....

What I have done is thought about writing this book for so many years that my friends just tell me to "do it already!" My son, 19 yo, has come up with one title so far:
"How to Raise Your Children in 3 Emergency Room Visits or Less"
And for the life of me I can't come up with anything better.
Any suggestions?
Maybe this book writing thing will lend itself to a title as it goes along.
We'll see if I can actually start and finish something. It may be more like a Reader's Digest short story that I get a few bucks for.
I am a parent, I have kids, I don't beat 'em and they still say "please" and "thank you". That qualifies as something, right?

Pray for me. This will take years. It will be the longest gestational period for printed material. Maybe my grandchildren will be able to glean some words of wisdom for my great grandbabies!

1 comment:

mormonhermitmom said...

Yes, yes yes do it! Maybe a Reader's digest/ladies' home journal story would be a good kickoff. Then add more to flesh out a book size manuscript.

If you need a proof reader, I'm here for you;).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails