Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Appalachia is the teacher this week.....



This week once again finds me sonless. I got my kids all back in the house last weekend for the first time in a month and they, the boys, left Monday a.m. to head off for a mission trip with the church. Oh well, house is quiet again. Sarah's home, sort of, but off to grandma's for bible school. Whatever will I do to fill my time? ............................... Oh, sorry, I was daydreaming a bit....
It was the first time all four of the boys have been away together and away on a mission trip. The oldest was going in a leadership capacity. The 17 yo is going on his third mission trip and the younger two are on their maiden voyage as mission volunteers. As I have been looking forward to their trip this week all summer it makes me want to be there. Not participating or combing their hair out of their eyes or making sure they eat their veggies or take a shower (cause there isn't one, they're bathing in the creek!) But in the capacity of the proverbial fly on the wall. You know, to see if anything my hubby and I have been trying to impress upon them has actually sunk in and might be utilized in some way. Like, comb the hair out of your eyes, eat your veggies, take a shower, share the Good News, help out your fellow man unselfishly and without judgement, serve and be served. You know, the small stuff. I am in hopes that the wonderful work of the Lord not only pulsates through their hearts but through their throbbing sore fingers and muscles to the people of the Appalachia and their hearts.
My boys are beautiful people from their very marrow to the outside cells of the last layer of their skin that is warmed by the sunlight of everyday that God gifts to them. I am proud of each and every one of them for who they are and what they are becoming each day. All are Price boys and all are one unit, but all are so different, but they are painted and stained with the tatoo of the Heavenly Father.
I pray for blessings on Mrs. Becky Simpson and her ministry with the Appalachian residents. Bless their ministry beyond belief. Heap the blessings to meet each need there today, Lord. Bless each of those residents with the longing of you if they don't know you and the constant Hope in those that seek you daily. I thank you God for the gift of these boys who are becoming men each day. I thank you Almighty Father for placing them in my heart for a lifetime and in my presence for what seems to be a blink of an eye. I thank you for how you bless them when they have no idea. I thank you for how you bless me as I watch them come to know you. This eternal life is beautiful! Thank you God!

1 comment:

mormonhermitmom said...

Your chickees are learning to fly well, aren't they. Don't think you have much to worry about, but wouldn't all we moms want to be flies on the walls? I know your kids will leave your nest with a little tug at their hearts as they get ready to soar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails