Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sweet, sweet Rissa Roo!

In my narcissistic view of my life played out on this blog in some weird catwalk style, I have realized that my "issues" or "problems" are just down right drama! Yea, it's good material for a blog, but in the scheme of things its just not as important as what is going on out there in your lives. Although, I will probably not stop my behavior none the less. I want you to know, really know, about some of God's wonderful people that have blessed my life.
I want to share a story with you. A story that is a painfully beautiful one with beautiful people and a beautiful little one. If you have time I suggest that you go to the blog and read from the beginning, it will pull at your heart and place you on your knees for this family. Its about everyday life in the life of a family with challenges. Know anyone like that? Love anyone like that? Check out Marissa Lynne's story here. If you don't have time to read the whole thing today just read the last couple of posts and know that your prayers and support for this little girl and her parents are what God wants to hear.
The challenges we face as mothers everyday to raise our kids without scarring them for life or hurting them in anyway or watching them be hurt in any way is so exhausting a task that we are worn out. Mostly on the inside where only few are allowed to go and to see what lies beneath our leathery exteriors. It's a painful job. It's a blessed job. It's a rewarding job. It's worth every moment of every day of every child of every second of their beautiful lives. I wouldn't put in my resume anywhere else!
I love this woman! I love her determination! I love her spunk and her faithfulness and her perseverance! I want to lift her up and help her to know that many are praying for her and her family and that God wants to surround her with His arms and keep her head above the waters. I want her to know how awesome she is! She has blessed my life with inspiration.
Let's do this. Go to the blog, read whatever you like, but please leave a comment so she knows we're praying for her. Keep them prayed up! Keep her lifted up!
Thank you God for Marissa Lynne's life and her parents. Thank you God for allowing me to know Alicia and love her through this! Thank you God for the plan you have in place for them and the faith that they have to see it through. Thank you God for life, love, truth, mercy! Thank you God!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Shannon, you made me cry. You are such a strong prayer warrior and I am so lucky to know you. I have a little pep in my step today and I owe it all to God and people like you who are praying for us.

I love you dear sweet friend.

Nana and PaPa said...

Hey there Shan....Alicia told me about your blog. I hope you don't mind me joining in on your ramblings. Alicia warned me that your latest blog would make me cry...and I wasn't disappointed. Thank you SO much for your thoughts, and especially for your prayers. Even though chronologically I'm much older than you...YOU...are wise beyond my/and your years. Your faith seems to be stronger than mine. But sometimes God puts certain people and certain things in our path to help us and remind us to rely on Him for all things. People like you Shannon...who I count as one of my dearest friends...witnesses to me through your blog..that I must turn once again to God for reliance to see me and the family through daily crises and beyond. Thank you dear friend, for your prayers of support and love for Marissa, Alicia and Jeremy. Tough decisions will have to be made, but with God....ALL things are POSSIBE!! Thank you for that reminder! Love and hugs to the whole family.
Joyce

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails