Monday, November 2, 2009

Bare, raw and hidden away


Like a cancer, dormant mostly,

When it flairs up it eats away at me,

I feed it poison and it goes away for now,

Leaving me swollen and bloated and sad.



Although I know the cure,

The answer lies within the Word,

The path is visible and well lit,

I just forgot my shoes and am fearful of stones.


God has promised good to me,

Why do I not trust more easily,

Why do I need reminding of His glory,

Why am I so damned entitled to get the answer?


My ears ring at the sound of a whisper

My heart aches at the thought of future breaks

I am feeding it again and only want to be free

How can I save myself from myself?


Only God knows how

Only God loves as He loves

Only God can do it

Only God.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow friend, I am praying for you. I am glad you had a wonderful retreat over the weekend. Those are always good for the soul. I am also glad the experience made you question a lot of things in your life. That is also good for the soul.

I hope you are doing well.

mormonhermitmom said...

That's an excellent way to describe it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails