Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dear Mr. Cottontail

Mr. Cottontail
123 My Street
My Neighborhood, USA

Dear Mr. Cottontail,

This letter is to inform you and you ginormous family of Cottontails that you are no longer welcome in our neighborhood and are therefore being evicted from said aforementioned areas.  You were once cute, last year, while hopping about and being scared of my dogs and cat.  Now, after your sneaky, sniper bunny rabbit training has given you so much confidence in yourself to snub your nose at any feline or canine in the tri-county area we must resort to this measure.  We also realize that you and Mrs. Cottontail have brought along the many hundreds of little ones that popped up this spring.  We regret to inform you that they, too, are being asked to leave.  We are asking nicely and you must consider this your first warning.  You must leave of your own recognisance or we will be forced to resort to other rather violent methods of eradicating your species.  You see, I planted my garden for my family and friends consumption and not yours.  My neighbors planted their flowers for their admiring not your diet and, might I say, expanding waistline.  It was fine when it was just you frolicking to and fro last year, but you and your bunny militia have gone too far.  I have a slingshot and am not afraid to use it!  Don't get me wrong, I love you, but I don't like your lifestyle.  May God be with you and yours, and yours, and yours, and yours, and yours, and yours, etc, etc, etc.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and will we be in touch further, if necessary.

Sincerely,
Garden owner

2 comments:

Jen said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog! It's like reading the "funnies" in the newspaper and its a perfect start to my day :) Also, I really appreciate your encouraging words. It's nice to know that i'm not by myself in this sort of strange 'funk.' I completely agree with you about it being "spiritual warfare" and i've decided that my strategy is to not try to fight this by myself. So, my allies are you guys (friends), family, Tim Hawkins and Jesus ;) Love ya!

mormonhermitmom said...

You tell em!

My poor excuse for a garden would leave the bunny militia starving and looking for better pastures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails