Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear!

I'm a hindsight kinda girl.  Mostly because I don't have the patience yet to determine when to sit back and let things play out.  I like to be involved in the propulsion of things.  It can be dangerous and most of the time it is extremely chaotic.  I am realizing that I need to pay attention more to the events of the moment and stop using my mirrors to look back and see how God was involved in that and FINALLY give him the glory and the credit for certain areas moving the way He saw fit and not me.  I'm seeing more and more where God's hand has lifted up, moved along, stroked through, molded and crafted things much more gracefully than I could ever do.  To watch how we are so intertwined together in this life and whether you are a believer or not, how He uses everyone to see that His plan is sovereign.  


My faith is just that, faith.  Not strong, not weak, not deeper, not better than before because I have noticed that faith is faith.  I am human and can waiver on my closeness to God and then decide to rely on faith when I have screwed it up beyond fixing by me.  

The best example of hindsight faith is watching my kids grow and looking back on how God was so present in their lives and mine through situations I thought would never subside.  My children grow closer to Him in spite of me.  I cradled them and smelled their newly washed newborn hair.  I fed them and held them up as they tried to walk.  I let them fall and watched as their legs grew stronger and stronger and they no longer fell.  

My kids are no longer behind me as I peer into that mirror of mine.  They have long since passed me up.  Now I watch as they lead the way for a whole new generation of believers.  They pick up their own cross and carry it down this road called faith.  It's my life in the mirror now.  The one where God has already placed the grace and mercy for me to deal with what might be ahead in the road.  I'm along for the ride in my faith-mobile.  It's a hybrid, by the way, and gets great gas mileage.  You should get one and test drive it a while to see where He takes you next.  It's a bumpy road, but I like four wheeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and your kids!! Sunday was awesome!! Very proud of all of them!! I just have to say that I loved surprising you!! Best mother's day present ever!

mormonhermitmom said...

I think most parents hope their kids will outpace them in all that matters. I love that picture!

Jen said...

It was beautiful :) Well said

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails