Sunday, August 8, 2010

A nice surprise

This weekend was full.  My house was full.  My belly was full.  My heart was full.  It's amazing how God spoils me in my life to the point of over-indulgences in blessings.  That was this weekend.  I am finally to Sunday night and I feel like I just munched down on an all you can eat buffet of blessings and now I'm slouched back in my lazy boy needing a nap.  

My nephew, Noah, and his bro and sis decided to head this way for an impromtu visit on Friday.  What a treat! The thing is, you have to watch the kids constantly when they're around you these days.  Not because they might fall and hurt themselves or need care from an adult, but because they don't hang out with us anymore and you must catch glimpses when you can.  My other bros kids joined in on the fun and his daughter was even here most of the weekend hanging out.  It's pretty cool.  They're like one unit and move like an amoeba when they come and go.  Inseparable.  God is so good.

When my oldest was born, my sister had her first 10 months later, when my second, her second 10 months later, then my third, then 10 months later her third.  She quit on me after that one!  Chicken!  The thing is my brothers kids are the same age as my second and my fourth.  They all get along so well and find so many things to get into together when they hang out.  Its not as often as they'd like, since my sister chooses to live in the state of VA (and denial for that matter on where she SHOULD live).  Kidding, Mel.  Anyway, they are so fun to watch them grow up to this point and now loving each other just as much, probably better because now Matthew isn't so territorial about his teletubby like he used to be and doesn't scream at Whit for messing with his toys.  But enough of memory lane and bad toy purchases!

The house rang of noise and chaos and the sounds of music and laughter all weekend and it was pure joy.  

You can come and pop in on us anytime, VA!!  We love having you and cry when you leave, no, really, we do.

God bless!

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Nothing better than family get togethers!

Anonymous said...

Y'all just need to move here to quiet...more laid back...VA!! You know you want to!! I was totally jealous of your chaos this past weekend!! But also soooo glad they got to spend some time together!! Luv ya sis!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails