Monday, November 15, 2010

Cooper River Bridge 10k - Part 1

I was sharing my new lifestyle with a friend of mine recently and she encouraged me to join in on the challenge to walk/run the Cooper River Bridge 10k.  I'm taking her up on it!  Now, I am realistic that the training will be rigorous for me, but I do honestly believe that I am ready.  I will be joining a team of ladies who are from the very experienced to the novices, like myself, to train for 18 weeks.  I started today with one of my dearest friends by my side as my trainer with her group.  My results:  I did not die.  I know, shocking, huh?  I actually feel really well and on the ride home was ready to do it again, but I knew that it was just adrenaline talkin'.  I walked 5 miles this weekend with my bestie at the park and she kicked my butt, but it was so good to get out again!  I have the blisters to prove it, but blisters are not going to scare me away!

I'm starting out my week with two weeks under my belt of this vegan lifestyle and I am totally in love with it.  First of all, I feel so good!  I feel very energized!  Within 48  hours of quitting the animal based diet I have been on for all my life I felt like a new person.  No. Kidding.  Really, no kidding.  I won't josh you here, because I just won't.  No more fuzzy brain stuff either.  Gone.  Ya'll that's big.

So today started off with apples and a green monster drink..... what's for lunch?  Hmmmmm.... better hit the grocery store!

Have a blessed day!

I'd like to thank Flyleaf and Toby Mac for the encouragement I received this a.m. through my workout.  Ya'll rock!

God bless your every breath today!

Enjoy what I enjoyed this a.m. with these:



3 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

A 10k! Boy you don't ease into things! You go!

Jen said...

I love that you love Flyleaf!!! They rock :) I want to run/walk/ pant alongside you guys....

Momof5 said...

Well, MHM, it's not til April, so I'm easing in a few months ahead of time. But, yes, I have set my goal high for sure! God bless!

Jen - Come on darlin'! We'll sing along to All Around Me together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails