Friday, November 26, 2010

My week and update on CRB 10k

The week really started off well.  I have been sticking firmly to this new lifestyle and really, really loving it.  I can't tell you how wonderful I feel.

Anywho, I went for my scheduled walk/run training on Monday.  2 min walk and 4 min run for 36 minutes total.  I did it!  I am feeling better each time, like I'm not going to need a new lung anyway.  The thing that sucked was about 45 minutes after I finished when I was home walking down the stairs it felt like someone was shoving  nail behind my right kneecap.  I then noticed that both of my knees were swollen.  Crrrrraaaaaaaap.  Ok, no problem.  I sat my hiney down and iced them for twenty minutes and started to take Ibuprofen to alleviate the swelling.  It seemed to work a little, but still had some pain only when walking down the stairs.  Called my physical therapy friend for some knee strengthening exercises (maybe a tad too late, but...) and she gave me some great advice as well.  Called the trainer told her I prob would take off Tues from running just to be safe.  I don't want to put myself out for good!  Went walking on Tues to the Christmas parade downtown, not far, but I paid for it when I got home.  Bring on more ice.  Got a  text back from the trainer lady and she said no running/walking until Monday and to ice it 3x day 20 min at a time with Ibuprofen too.  Great. Now I'm two weeks behind everyone else.  They all started a week before me.  I'm not very happy with my self right now.  Not that I could foresee this one, but that I let myself get to the point where this would be an issue.  It's totally preventative at this point, I get that, I am not overreacting.  I am just being safe so that I can continue to get healthy.  I just tend to beat myself up about my current weight and past weight a little too much, it's the dramatic diva in me.  God will work that one out too.  Diva exorcism.  Nothing humbles an out of shape diva like running in front of construction workers and the whole of downtown while sucking all of the oxygen out of the air and breathing like you're gonna die any minute and in those oh-so-flattering workout clothes - NOT.

All of this icing/down time has given me time to do some more research on my new eating lifestyle.  Now I want this for Christmas:
.........and I think I will have to suck it up and go sit on Santa's lap at the mall, cuz it's not in my budget at the low, low price of $2395.00!  He owes me anyway, I haven't seen a freeking gift from him in years and I'm due!

I must say though, this vegan style of eating made it so nice yesterday.  While everyone was miserable after dinner I was feeling quite chipper!  It's amazing the difference.  My mother was so sweet to fix stuff I could eat, but it was also stuff everyone could indulge in as well.  And a happy turkey for all those meat eaters was wonderful according to their tryptophan comas later!  She's the best!  I hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as mine!  Of course, mine is on-going with another family dinner tonight with those who just arrived from out of town!  Bring on the veggies!  I made Wild Rice Salad, Sweet Potato crock pot casserole and crock pot green beans - all vegan and gluten free!  My niece is vegetarian, so we will have plenty to choose from!

Have a great week and bring on the Christmas season!!!

God bless!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Just to let you know, you look great! Not that you didn't before, I'm just saying that there is a noticeable difference in your lovely figure :) Love ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails