Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CRB10k - week one second edition

So, I've already changed the titles to weeks instead of parts one and beyond.  Such is my life.  Constant change. It's no wonder I'm always confused!

Well, today was hard.  I woke up with a bad attitude and told my hubby I didn't want to go.  I cried, even.  My blisters hurt (insert sarcastic crybaby noise here), my legs were still sore, my butt was still big.  I was discouraged.  I had changed my eating lifestyle to a place of heaven for me (really, I absolutely love it) and added in some exercising (only two episodes thus far) and wondered why I didn't already have the energy of Jillian, the trainer from The Big Loser.  Maybe my expectations were a little high at this juncture.  Ya think?  But I was still wanting to do anything but run today.  The dogs needed washing!  The baseboards needed dusting!  I need to clean out the fridge!!  Whatever.  I knew I needed to go.  I had every intention of going.  I just didn't want to go.  Like a toddler trying to manipulate the system for desert before dinner.  Heels dug in all the way there.  Intervals were walk two and run three.  What?!  The first day was run two walk one.  Great.  I put on my big girl you-know-whats-its and choked down my tears and turned up my mp3 player as loud as I could so I didn't have to hear that stupid timer go off telling me to run.  David Crowder Band, Switchfoot, Flyleaf and the BeeGees (you guessed it, "Stayin' Alive) ran along side keeping my mind off of the pain.  I did it! I actually did it.  All of it.  I ran 3 minutes at a time.  What?!  I was whining so bad on Monday for two minutes and couldn't even finish them for some sets.  Ok, today no hills.  Monday, lots of them.  So, yea, ok I get it.  I can run on flat ground without passing out!  Yay, me.

I have really been behaving myself on the food front.  I am so nervous that I may relapse into a binge eating process that will again last for years and shorten my life span.  I called my friend today to ask some advice, "what can I eat after a run?"  I don't want to fall of the wagon.  I really don't want to take two steps back.  She was so sweet and gentle with me.  "You're doing fine.  Keep doing what you're doing!  You don't need to worry about that nearly as much now, wait til your hair starts falling out then you may need to rethink your habits."  She always makes me smile!  Love you girl!  I feel like I'm on the right track for once!  Thanks to all of you for your encouragement.  

My McDougall cookbook has arrived and I salivate over its contents!  Granted, it's not the "new" one, but later I will make that investment.  My family is being rather supportive, even when there's no meat on their plate!  I'm excited to find recipes that we can all enjoy together.  We'll see how long it lasts before they start to put their foot down.  That's when my kids learn how to shop and cook their own food.  Until then, if I'm in charge of shopping and cooking then I guess they'll eat if they're hungry, right?

I really do want to pray for you.  No, really.  Even if its to lift up praises in your awesome lives of no struggles, let me know how to pray for you.  This thing called life consists of you and me.  While we're here together we might as well act like we like each other, right?  


John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.




P.S.
And a little music for those of you who know you have this stuck in your head now!  You can thank me later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shannon! So proud of you. For me - you can pray for a good attitude...LOL seriously though. There have been people that have just flat out made me mad lately with all their whining and woest me and I know I should have mercy, grace, understanding but instead - I just want to scream "Get over yourself and think about others"! LOL. So - prayers for an attitude change would be so appreciated!

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Good job!

soph1218 said...

You have NO idea how proud I am of you for overcoming the whines. I need for you to rub off on me so I can overcome the whines too. I totally can identify with the blisters and the bad attitude, and yet I remember that it feels good when you work past it. Keep up the awesome work! <3 ya! Soph

mormonhermitmom said...

(assuming highest falsetto) Good on ya Mate!

Excuse me while I scream for Barry now. :)

And thanks for sticking that song in my head.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails