Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Top Floor Studio Apartment with a Rooftop Garden.


I remember my life plan when I was a teenager.
I must stress, MY life plan.
I really had it all worked out. I had put thought to it. Applied reason.
Mixed in how things would serve me best. And baked it ... for a while. Isn't God so funny?
Doesn't he have such a sense of humor? My life would involve a downtown studio apartment over looking the theatre district with a kitchen of stainless steel appliances, a wine cooler,
an overhead potrack, an open floor plan (hence the studio).
Why did I name THOSE things?

I did not think that marriage was something I wanted or needed, my career was going to be my first love.
It wasn't out of the question, but just on my terms, what was best for me, what I wanted and when.
Oddly enough, I had my career planned out.
I say odd because it was an ironic career choice for me to make considering my life plan. I wanted to design bridal gowns and own my own bridal store. I had written my business plan and drawn out a blueprint for my store layout. Strange, huh?

What was your life plan?
Picket fence?
Suburbs?
Downtown?
Commuting?
Married?
Kids?
Lakefront?
I know that as a female that a majority of our gender has the
"dream" of what our wedding would look like, or what our life will be,
or what we'll do, wear, etc.

It's fun to see girls at that stage right now who know for certain
what their life will be because they know and that's good
enough reason for them and the world they live in so just get used to it.
It's fun for me because I know where I am now and how
God's plan is SOOOOO much better than mine.
I feel blessed that God blessed me in spite of my plan.
Nothing and let me say again, nothing about
my life is what I thought it would be.
Thank you God for saving me from myself!

3 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Yeah, life never turns out the way you plan it, does it? I think I have close to what I need and just enough of what I want, and I've been through enough adversity to be grateful for what I have. I hate to think what kind of person I'd be if my life had gone perfectly according to my plan.

Momof5 said...

Amen sister! God is so good to us in spite of ourselves. I have exactly what I always wanted but never knew I wanted it.

Anonymous said...

I've been rereading your blogs and this one hit me once again. It is so true that God's plan is so much better. Sometimes we don't remember that when he is in total control that things are so much better. Stop hanging on to the "tailend" of our problems and completely surrender....it is amazing what can happen. I luv you sis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails