Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baked Ziti and all things good!

You must know about this person in my life, not just because I want you to but because I want you to become more aware of the "Katys" in your life.

Katy is a beautiful mother of two, living where you drive 0 to 60 when you pull out onto main street. Those of you who live in the northeast know where I'm talking about. She is in love with the man of her dreams still after a decade and a half. The economy is tankin' and living there is more stressful than most places. But that's not my point. What I want you to know is this....I can still hear her laugh, or should I say guffaw, like she was in the room with me now. I haven't seen her in 15 years, but I know what she looks like when her eyes sparkle with joy. I know what she looks like and sounds like when she's ticked off beyond words! Her firey northeastern exposure riddled with her Italian background temper. Just guessing it's Italian 'cause her mom used to make the best baked ziti in the world and would send it back to college for all of us to enjoy. I miss mom's baked ziti!

Eventhough it's been years since I've seen her I feel in my heart that we are still as close as we always were way back then. You know, back in the day, as my kids remind me! What makes that even possible? Love, yes, she was my very best friend and is one of my soul sisters for life! But what is it that makes it stick? I want to tell you that God has played a role in our lives to make sure we are forever woven together. He pulls on my heart strings and I check her page on FB and she's available to chat....hmmm....coincidence? Then those times I am down and need some lifting she shows up in my inbox with a devotional that talks to just what I needed....hmmmm.....coincidence? I cannot tell you how blessed my life is because of this lady! My only daughter carries her appelation. Whenever we call her our little Katydid my mind conjers up those memories of yesteryear that involves the fun and laughter we shared.

Life is hard right now for so many people. People have their senses on overload and EVERYTHING is hurtful, painful or just plain hard. Worry creeps into our lives and starts to eat away at all we hold dear. We start talking ourselves into corners where it's dark and we can't see out. Pray hard for your neighbors, your family, your friends....I can guarantee you that there is something in their life that needs that prayer. Send it on up there!

Miss Katy Lady is a blessed woman, a Godly woman, a faithful woman. I admire her strength and courage in her everyday life. I admire her love she has for her mate and her little rugrats! I admire her weaknesses where she leans on her heavenly Father. I pray for God to continue to heap blessings into her life. I thank you God for her, I thank you God for letting me know her, I thank you God for allowing our friendship to flourish throughout the years. I ask that you continue to bless her, her family and her closest friends during this time. Show her your presence everyday, make yourself known in her mirror.

Ephesians 3: 16-18
16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ

Call your Katy today and tell her she's a wonderful person and how blessed you are to have her in your life. She most likely needs a little pick me up. Even if she doesn't need one, she'll like it anyway! What the world needs is more baked ziti!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Aren't great girlfriends the best?!?! Awesome that you have Katy in your life.

All hail baked ziti!! :)

Alicia

Anonymous said...

Sis, you are my "Katy Lady". Glad we got passed the slamming door contests of our youth. LUV U

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails