Monday, February 16, 2009

Those Guys!


I just want to say what an awesome husband I have. He and his friends made breakfast for us wives of said men for Valentine's Day before our bible study and before their men's breakfast at church. Heart shaped pancakes, cut up fruit, two kinds of scrambled eggs, hot tea, coffee....it was wonderful!

I take my David for granted so often that I'm not sure why he sticks around. I'm sure it's my immaculate housekeeping skills! HA! He is so good to me! At a time in my life when I had written off men in general as being a need in my life, God dropped him in my life out of nowhere. Ok, well out of Colorado, but that was 2000 miles away. What are the chances?

I'm impressed with his devotion to not only me and our marriage, but to the relationship to his Almighty Father and to his relationship to our children. As we attended the unity service yesterday it was so wonderful to look out into the congregation and see those three Godly men sitting within close proximity to each other with their children encouraging their journey with God. How awesome to see three men who uphold the commandments of God in their lives and their marriages and their fatherhood.

One is an extremely talented business man, one is a wonderfully talented contractor and one is an awesome stay at home dad and full time student. All from very different walks of life, but all so committed to one goal for their families. Each not defined by their specific trades but by their personal relationships with Christ. It's so amazing to see in this day and age when fathers are so hands off in their families. We are some lucky ladies!

I only hope that when our children look back in their lives to the lives of their father's that they will be instantly reminded of the love of our heavenly Father.

Thank you God for my husband and his love for you and for me.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

thanks shannon, reading this makes me realize how flippant I am.

KB Blog said...

Thanks, Shannon, you wrote the thank you note we all should have written our adoring husbands! You said it beautifully and with love! Yes, we are blessed and they are awesome! Love, Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails