Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hugs and Kisses, or just hugs.

Everyday of my life is a new day with my children. Just when I think I got 'em figured out, they gently remind me of my ignorance. I am always so proud of my children and the decisions they make and the way they go about their decision making.

Yesterday being Ash Wednesday the beginning of the Lenten Season marked a 40 day sacrifice for a lot of Christians. My son has been lamenting over what to give up for lent for about a week or so. He came home last weekend with an announcement. He and his GF have decided to give up kissing each other for lent. What? Seriously? Oh my gosh! You're kidding me? Did you hear that? I didn't even know you were kissing to begin with! LOL! Ha! I'm not quite that naive.

I am completely blown away at the way my son thinks. The way he takes his spiritual journey so seriously. The way God works in his life every minute. He is an amazing young man. His GF even brought him a chocolate kiss the first morning and he gave it away just in case that was breaking the rules.

It is humbling to watch him grow in God's will and be so open to the opportunities that God lays out for him everyday. How many 16 yo boys do you know who would consider giving that up for a day much less a 40 day period. I pray for my children each day and watching God work is quite entertaining.

Thank you God for John. Thanks for the way he loves you. Thank you for his respect of his GF. Thank you for his heart. Thank you for his presence in my life. How blessed we are to know him and love him. How awesome you are! Bless your name! Almighty Father, the blessings in my life leave me breathless. How merciful you are to us! Thank you God!

Everyone else in the family has gotten on board as well. We have all decided to give up kissing......John's girlfriend for lent. She was quite relieved! Does that count? Oh well, we'll keep trying!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are an awesome mother and you are awesome at praising God! I love your gift of humor! And it is amazing to watch John growing up, as he honors God and honors his GF. -Beth Bleavins

Molly Osmera said...

I love this blog. You are so eloquent in your writing, it inspires me to do more with my blog. So good to see your family and see that you are all healthy and happy!

mormonhermitmom said...

Good for him! It's encouraging to hear about young people sticking to good values. More power to him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails