Thursday, February 19, 2009

Think for today!

Biblical Times:

Habakkuk 3:17-19
(NIV)

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

Modern Day Version:

Though the landscaping is dead
and there are no tulips in bloom
Though my business is tankin'
And my pantry holds no food
Though my wardrobe is outdated
and freezer holds no beef

I will be joyful that the Lord is with me
I will rejoice in God my Savior, Jehovah Jirah

I will quit my whining and moanin'
and get a grip and put on my big girl panties
For the Lord God is my strength!

This scripture verse was part of mine and my hubby's devotional this a.m. and I thought it would be perfect for where our society is today. I decided to switch it up for what may be relevant language for today.

Thank you God for your omnipotence, your almighty power and your every present mercy in my life. Be with those who seek, those who doubt, those who wish and bless them beyond belief today.

God Bless your every breath!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails