Friday, July 9, 2010

A little life remodeling

It's never good for my hubby to leave me alone by physically leaving town for a few days.  When this happens I have way too much time to think to myself which pretty much gets me in trouble.  But it makes for blog content.

So, in the past week, I've decided that those things that I felt I could pretty much hide about myself are actually billboard signs I wear across my derierre.  You know the signs like, "kick me" that people used to put on your back.  You didn't know they were there, but everyone else did and they'd let out that little giggle when you passed by.  You constantly cleaned out your teeth thinking you had broccoli in them, but then you realize you hadn't eaten broccoli or anything good for you in a at least a month.

Well, I'm next for that Extreme Soul Makeover apparently.  Now everyone will know I have a weight problem now that Ms. Abs pointed out at lunch that she and I struggle with our weight.  What?!  Like you can see that?  Damn, I thought I was hiding that in my spanks!  I love you Abs.  And then there's that sexy little tart, J, that gently and oh-so-lovingly told me that I was being worked on by Jesus in the "how to handle relationships" section, too.  What?!  You can see my imperfections?  Dang it all, I thought I was hiding that in my spanks....um, well, no, I mean behind my "I'm fines" and "I'm greats".  You don't know how much I feel like a middle school girl right now.  I'm evil.  I love you J.

Yes, I am looking to the ultimate General Contractor himself to help me out, because NOW its obvious to everyone where I need work.  I could, if I had the money, "get some work done" to take care of those "thunder thighs", an endearing term my sister came up with when we were in high school.  But then, I would still eat like Lindsay Lohan in the dark!  Who am I kidding.  It is a heart issue.  One that needs mending and molding and shaping into a person who really gives a rats behind what her behind looks like.  And I could go out and find people who would agree with my wholeheartedly that I have tried my best to be a friend, but I know deep down that my mother would make me eat an entire bar of soap, because that's a big fat lie.  And besides, it wouldn't call for me to change or for God to work in me.  I don't know how to do relationships well, duh, that's no lie.

Do it now, God.  Rip out the old smelly carpet.  Take down the tacky wallpaper.  Scrape the recesses of my heart to the bare wood and give me a fresh, new coat of paint.  Remember, I like bold colors.  I'm a winter.

My first order of business tonight when I returned home from working all day was to hurry and delete my last post.  I felt as though I may have come across as rude and indignant based on the comments, but I didn't delete it because I AM rude and indignant and God is working on me.  Just so everyone knows, I don't yell at my friends and in all honesty I come across in confrontational conversation as somewhat of a push over.  I hate confrontation.  I never actually got to talk about anything.  All I said was, "I'm disappointed."  And it ended a beautiful season in my life.  Not because of their comment, but because of my disappointment.  And God is working on that with me.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

You know they say the biggest test of a marriage is to build or remodel a house together.  This remodeling job is going to be a life long.  Good thing my hubby loves me no matter what.

2 comments:

Lill said...

As I sat here reading this, I said, wow they know me too! It's like looking in a mirror. God is also doing a work in me--that I can't explain. I struggle with my weight, I am not a great friend (though I try and tell myself I am) and I realized AFTER my parent's died how awful a daughter I was....even in the end. I struggle as a single Mom & think I am doing great (bar of soap please)....Thank you so much for your honesty, it was a huge encouragement....God is awesome and He is only looking out for us..I know I need work, I need the Potter to mold and shape...Thank you Thank you Thank you

Jen said...

First, please let me say...what weight problem? Curvy women are and hot and baby you are on fire;) Second of all, about that "advice"....if you have any imperfections, I wasn't aware of them..nah, I'm just kidding. I know we ALL have imperfections (I'm sure that "sexy little tart J" has a ton of them) and the only thing that was obvious, reading between the lines of your last post, was that God was at work in whatever was going on...even if you can't see it. I just didn't want you to worry about it, instead be comforted that God loves you and your friend very much and He's just got a temporary "under construction" sign up. In the mean time I (along with others) others will be praying for you and "friend." I would like to say that the remodeling that God has done in your life thus far (even though I didn't know you back in the day) has been extraordinarily beautiful, and I believe He's going to keep up the good work :) Love ya
'J'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails