Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Her Royal Highness

I am the queen of making excuses!  I have walked the catwalk, won the contest and wear the sash that says, "Queen of Excuses".  I would love to say that I wear this proudly, but not-so-much!  I have spent my life and now, most of my kids lives, saying, "we can't because ______________".  We don't have the money, we don't have the time, we don't have the right car, I'm not physically able, I'm not skinny enough, I'm tired, I'm yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah....  I hate this trait about me and I'd like to change it.  I think of all of the things I've never done or I won't do, if I keep this up.  I will continue to live my life vicariously with most of the rest of the world going and doing.  

This year is really going to call me on the carpet about this because we are homeschooling all of our school aged children and we don't have the restraints of the public school schedule.  We have been excited about not being under anyone's schedule so that we could go and do, but then out come my excuses.

It's fear.  It's complete and total fear.  What if.  

Will you continue to pray for me and my family as we stomp out this bad habit we have?  I do not want to pass on this particular trait to my very adventurous children.  I want them to have an exegesis spirit.  Learning about things with their own minds and bodies and having opinions about them because they have experienced things in order to have an opinion.  No more vicarious living, unless it's skydiving, because I don't have the right outfit for that.  Just sayin'.

God bless your experiences today!

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Yes, I'll pray for you (and myself while I'm at it) cause if I'm not the Queen of Excuses, I'm the First Attendant. :)

Momof5 said...

In the event that the Queen of Excuses cannot fulfill her duties then it will be the responsibility of the first runner up to fulfill the Queenly duties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails