Monday, September 20, 2010

What have you done for me lately....ooo, ooo, oo, oo, yea!

It's like a contagious, icky viral cold.  It starts and then someone else is sneezing it out then it gets on you then you're afraid you'll get it so you pray it off.  It hurts, it stings.  What do you do?  Believe me, I used to be one of those "closet trashers".  You know, the one who hides behind trash-talk, calling it a prayer request.  No more.  I don't take part in the tearing down of others anymore.  Thank you God!!!!!!  It was with his help that I rid myself of that nasty virus.

But, yesterday, I was subject to it once again in conversation with some awesome Godly ladies.  Now, I know what you're thinking, that maybe they weren't so Godly....not true.  They are two of the most Godly women I know.  You see, the trash talkin' came from a woman I dearly love, but she was trashing herself!  No, let me explain.  The things she said about her life and her spiritual journey, had they been said from a different person about her, I would've laid somebody out with a right hook and a little booty kickin'.  I found myself getting all up in a tizzy about what I was hearing.  I was offended on her behalf, but she was talking about herself.  So, you see the weird spot it puts me in.  Wanting to kick butt, but realizing that I would be kicking her butt and it would be the same person that I was defending.  Odd, I know.

I wish she knew this about this person she was talking about:

1.  She is one of the most awesome mothers on the planet!  Your babes love you so much and are such a testimony of how God works in their lives through you.  I've seen those other schoolers, really God has done a work through you.

2.  Her marriage is one of inspiration, and God did that, missy.  Yep, mark that down on your "what has God done in your life list!"

3.  Her devotion to her education of God's Word is remarkable.  Where were you a few years ago with that?  Yea, that's what I thought....God, again.

4.  Your home is the heart of your family.  It's not the edifice, its the spirit of who you all are together.  You could be anywhere and this would be true.  Again, God has worked that through for you, remember the job offer in Alaska?

5.  I would do anything I could to make the pain and the crappy times go away for you.  I would take them on myself.  I know it sucks big time, eventhough you say you're good.  I'm sorry for how you go through this time and time again.  I would take it, no, really, I would.

So, here's the thing, sista!  If you don't stop trashing my friend's life and her dignity, I will take  you to a dark alley and bring my thug friends (Jen, that's you)!


Worth.  It's what God tagged us with when he created us.  Worthy of his love.  Worthy of our role in his will. Worthy people.  Worthy of relationship.  Worthy enough to have peace.  Worthy.

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

5 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I gotch ya back!! Don't make this white girl go thug on you.... Beautiful post Shan. You're so right...if she could only see what we see :) I love you both!

Jen said...

by the way, that was my comment that I removed. I had a type-o and I hate type-o's. I'm kind of OCD

Elizabeth said...

Crap. Crap-ola. Crap-a-roni. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I realized last night falling asleep what I sounded like. This whole thing (me sounding ungrateful and baby-ish)was a misstep. Sometimes I have tunnel vision and can only see the one thing and it permeates my entire way of thinking. I stuggle with a horrible sense of failure in this area. So lets get together and hug it/talk it out. xoxox

Momof5 said...

Let's get together! I love ya. I meant this for your benefit and I hope I didn't make it worse. So sorry if I did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails