Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Living Bible Studies

I have been involved in "women's bible study" before and have quite enjoyed my experiences with each of them. I always love diving into the Word of God with a bunch of crazy for Jesus ladies who hunger to learn more about God and their lives.  Many come for the company of other adults, as they are usually stuck at home with kiddos most days and start to forget how to talk "adult", I remember those days....... Oh, where was I?  Oh, yea.  There's nothing like a deep down spiritual scrub to get your waterworks flowing and hearts to break and then to grow and then want more.

I've always thought this was a great way for women to pump a little more Jesus through their tired veins to take them through another day, another temper tantrum, etc.  But, this school year has brought us into the outskirts of a homeschool group that has been a blessing in our lives.  They will most likely never know, because this "group" is that "group" that doesn't acknowledge those of us on the outskirts, but we can still take advantage of any opportunity that comes down the group pike and this is one of them.

My boys, the teenagers and their dad, have been attending a bible study for young men and their dads.  I don't get to hear ALL about the actual meeting and the biblical entree they feed on there, but I do get to reap the benefits of the "dessert" when they return.  My children have the most wonderful father.  I know they love him and they respect him, but they also enjoy being with him and listening to his stories about the wild, wild west and the crazy days of his youth.  They always laugh and say, "Yea, whenever dad gives us one of his talks we all know how it's gonna end, either with talking about God or sex or both!"  My husband is a very laid back man.  The guy in the Mountain Gear catalog, yea, that's him.  He's out of his element here in this strange world of concrete and gas guzzling automobiles and lights that hide the night-time stars.  But he loves me and his kids and knows that this is where God wants us for this season of our lives.  He continues to fill my boys' toolboxes with what they will need when they are building their own families.  Yes, God comes up every time, and how God feels about sex and God again, then there's a little God thrown in.  One day, when they aren't teenage boys the subject will most likely be God and money and what God thinks about money, but for now, here we are.  One day my boys will be able to understand in full how absolutely lucky they are with the dad that their Heavenly Father picked out for them.  They will remember these life moments and what God had to say to them through my husband.  Not, "Eat your vegetables," but, "Don't ever forget to praise God for your daily provision of your vegetables."

My dearest best friend in the whole wide world is my sweet darling husband.  He is truly a Living Word of God everyday of his life.  I love these bible studies.  I feel so blessed to be able to commit to memory the scenery of them laughing and talking as they walk in the house afterwards, or stay out in the driveway til all hours of the morning still talking......

May God bless your life with Living Bibles!  Amen!

P.S. Sorry for all of the "quotes", I just noticed how "annoying" they all are.  I can see my "hand" gestures as I "read" this......

2 comments:

Jen said...

"it's all good." :) You know I love your family...you have great kids and that's because your kids have awesome parents ;) "Eye heart u."

mormonhermitmom said...

The world needs more dads like that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails