Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spunky for Jesus



I love homeschooling.  Yea, yea, yea for the obvious reasons that I feel I'm doing my children a huge service by providing them with a discipleship rich education, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Yea that too, but even better, you get to meet some really cool people.

Today, I had the privilege of coming in contact with a lady with three kids and a great sense of who she is right now.  Why I say right now, is because she strikes me as human enough to be able to have a breakdown next week and be ok with it still.  The whole time these pearls of wisdom and reality flowed from her animated face I just stared at her.  Thank goodness I was wearing shades so as not to seem creepy.  The wheels were turning in my head on how I was going to afford to build an addition onto my home to accomodate her perky self so that she can be there to shake like an eight ball and ask those hard to ask questions and wait for the amazing revelations like, "so you're telling me that God doesn't care about you, is that what I'm understanding about the words coming out your mouth?"  Ok, not quite like that.  She was much more eloquent and funny.

She is raw, rare honesty wrapped up in one little spunky momma.  I loved it.  I want to be spunky for Jesus like that.  Another friend of mine was picking her brain as to the questions she had about our bible study and lil miss spunkinator was rattling off her answers as we sat around waiting for the next hilarious moment of honesty to drop to the park playground floor. All this, while calming screaming children and tattle tailing and boo-boos, etc.

I pray for my honesty to step out of the closet and show itself more often.  The witnessing that can take place in a moment like that is quite amazing.  It's not that I lie, it's just that I hold back and am not quite as vocal in my honesty.

Dear God,
I want to be spunky for you.  Help me out.  Amen.

4 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Dang! I want to meet this woman!

Elizabeth said...

She really is great :)

Jennifer said...

uhm, let me just say I love this, and that I laughed so hard my son started crying because he thought something was wrong with me. You rock I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I love it - I think I need her AND you to live with me! Ha ha ha - In all seriousness Shannon - you truly do inspire me in so many many ways!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails