Friday, September 10, 2010

Things I have loved and learned about this week

My first full fledged homeschool week was especially blessed.  Let me explain.  We didn't start adding in ALL of our curriculum until after Labor Day this year.  Older brother is being homeschooled first year his sophomore year of high school and I wanted things to ease into a schedule.  It seemed to work well.  I was having a minor melt down on the first day mid afternoon, but the sexy, hot principal stepped in and took care of my unruly pupil.  I love that man!  Shhhh....don't tell my hubby......

So here are some of my favorite first week memories:

1.  I love it when I hear this from one of my teenage boys, "Hey, mom, listen to this and tell me what you think!"  I hope I hear that a lot.

2.  My daughter after her first day (granted we did a herpetology study and read books this summer, but that wasn't technically school for her), "Mom, this is the best day ever!  I loved school today, I loved soccer practice because everyone was encouraging everyone, etc."  It helped that she spent the afternoon with Eagle and his sis and their wonderfully talented teacher-mom.  Also, soccer, her fall love, helps the attitude, as well.

3.  And finally, a fact I wasn't aware of that I'm sure will come in handy for one of my readers, is this:  Did you know that if you have a pet python that you need to get rid of that your best demographic for selling that bad boy is to the exotic dancing union?  I'm checking out the ebay store now......... What you can learn from a herpetologist talk at the public library is amazing, but what you learn from his wife about the "behind the scenes stuff" is what I went for!  She's going on our next girls night out because she's a funny lady!

4.  What I knew, but was ever so gently reminded of is that God has gifted me with wonderful children and a wonderful husband and He will continue to care for us as we walk in His will.

I Corinthians 16:13-14
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
Isaiah 41:10  
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

S0 sweet :)I love you

mormonhermitmom said...

An exotic dancer's union? Wow. You learn something new everyday!

Jen said...

I never thought of that!!! What a great idea!!! I'm checking into that...oh and we should do that girl's night a.s.a.p.!!! I had a great time Saturday. I love being a part of your family :) Can I get that recipe?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails